Are you based in Australia or New Zealand?
Are you currently importing or looking to import British caravans?
Let’s have a look at the benefits for your dealership:
- Larger stock available
- We introduce you to high quality suppliers, with no additional cost
- Increase your sales
- Make more profit taking advantage of the lower cost of UK caravans
We source only from the best manufacturers
Our caravans comply with both New Zealand and Australia’s new regulations
We are aware of the recent changes in both New Zealand and Australia’s energy safety regulations, that’s why we make sure that the manufacturers we work with comply with the rules.
In particular, caravans exported to New Zealand must meet the new regulation on gas safety in place since the 1st July 2013. After that date, major compliances are carried out on British models, as regulation 53 (Energy Safety) requires: “…every person who manufactures, imports, sells or offers for sale, hires or leases out, or installs a gas appliance or fittings must take all practicable steps to ensure that the gas appliance or fittings is safe.”
Here is an extract from the Energy Safety website:
LPG (gas) installations in caravans and motorhomes:
1. All gasfitting work on a caravan must be carried out by an authorised person (usually a licensed gasfitter).
2. All new gasfitting (including alterations) must comply with AS/NZS 5601.2: 2010 Gas installations – LP Gas Installations in caravans and boats for non-propulsive purposes.
3. After 1 July 2013, when the gasfitting work has been completed the gasfitter should issue you with a Gas Safety Certificate which certifies that the work is compliant and safe to use.
The complete text can be found here.
For your peace of mind, you can have a look at the rules we follow in this document (guidance purpose only).
Compliances carried out on caravans and motorhomes are classified as “high-risk” by the Government Energy Safety: for this reason from the 1st of July 2013 every caravan entering NZ needs to have a Gas Safety Certificate.
Our caravans are issued with the Gas Safety Certificate which ensures you are legally importing your caravan. BuyUKcaravan.com guarantees you are not going to receive unnecessary penalties for importing caravans not conforming to the new regulations.
Details on the Gas Safety Certificate can be found here.